vrijdag 31 juli 2009

Noob tanking

A few weeks ago, I payed the 1000 gold for a dual spec as a protection paladin. Since we run Naxx regurly and our Main Tanks are pretty much past Naxx gearwise, I managed to pick up some nice tankgear over the last few weeks. Never used it though. untill this week:

Because one of my guildies had a "low" level alt that had some quests in the Nexus and Azol Nerub and I hadn't much to do that night, I tried tanking those. Despite me not having a clue what to do (forgot Righteous Fury at the start, didn't start using Avenger shield untill the second dungeon, and just don't start about Blessing of Sanctuary) it went well. My gear was unenchtend and ungemmed, so I took care of that the next day. Our shaman healer still needed gear upgrades and practice. What better way to practice than a noob tank? So I tried my hand at a few heroics: Azhol Nerub, Utguard Keep and Utguard Pinacle. Why not everything went smoothly as normally, I think I did ok (mainly because the group asked for another run after the first two).

I quite enjoyed tanking. I still like dishing out damage better, but I see myself tanking more often in the future. My gear is good enough to cover up my total lack of skill (crit immune and hitcapped), and with some more practice I might be able to do some serious tanking if needed :)

So what's going on further? We're trying to 8man Naxx at the moment. Got spider and plague cleared now, and are on the third boss of the construct quarter. Hopefully we'll be able to clear it on sunday. Repwise i'm still grinding with ogri'la (Honered, 16 more days of dailies) and sha'tari skyguard (Revered, about 5 or 6 days left). Have started with Netherwing (honered, 7 or 8 days left) and thorium brotherhood (honored, about 54 cores left to go). So I won't be bored any time soon :)

4 opmerkingen:

  1. lolnub, pala tank dont need hitcap lol

    :P

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Well, I personally hate when I'm running with a tank who keeps missing with his avenger shield. I'm sure you can function without hitcap, but i like to be sure i hit stuff :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Is avenger shield a melee attack o_0

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen