maandag 18 januari 2010

Goldfever

Monday again, don't feel like working (as seems to be the general feeling here at the office) so time for a weekend recap.

My weekend was mostly about earning gold. Besides doing the argent tournament dailies (getting quite good at soloing chillmaw), I started questing with my death knight again. Since he's levelcapped, that's earning a fair bit of gold aswell. The fact that the quests are rather fun helps a lot too.

Ofcourse, questing isn't the only way to make money. I reinstated my bank alt this week so I can play the AH again. What Am I selling? Well, if you're a bit like me, you have been doing a few heroics lately, and have earned a lot of emblems you don't really need anymore. Well, you can turn those into Epic gems, which go on the AH for quite a bit. Won't go into specific values, as they will be different on every server, but I made about 1.5K gold from auctions alone.

So now for the big question: Why am I saving up? Well.. In the new heroic dungeons, there is a random questitem called the Battered Hilt. After a long questchain, it will eventually give you a choice between a few weapons, of which Quel'Delar, Might of the Faithful would be an obvious choice for a Ret pally. That baby would singlehanded (or twohanded, since it's a twohanded weapon) increase my dps by 500 (about 8%). I've been running those dungeons for quite a lot lately, and I've yet to see one drop, let alone win it. Luckily the questitem is BoE, so it's on the AH quite frequently.

Karma dictates that it will drop for me the very first time I run one of the heroics after I bought it, but I'll leanr to live with that.

In other news, the weekly raid quest this week was noth in Naxxramas. We have sunday planned for these raidquests, and even though a few of our regulars were unavailable, we went with 8 people(including a maintank who had never tanked it before and a healer who had never even been inside a raid before). Since we were doing alright, we figured we might aswell try for a full clear. Besides one healer dying on saphhiron and a wipe on kel'thuzad (due to me and Tec disconnecting on the pull) we pretty much steamrolled the place (even 8 manned the 4 horseman) and managed not only to get the dedicated few achievement, but also (for those who hadn't done it already) the safety dance, the hundred club, momma said knock you out, arachnaphobia, substraction and make quick werk of him. All in all not a bad night, and we had fun doing it, which is the most important part ofcourse.

Oh, and since all the cool kids are doing it, here is my armory

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten