maandag 15 februari 2010

I'm on a mount!

A 310% flying mount, to be precise!
After what has been the longest grind thus far, both Tim and myself finally finished the Lunar Festival yesterday and with it, the What a Long, Strange trip it's been achievement! It's done! No more frustrating running around and flying around the whole of Azeroth to get achievements, no more getting ganked repeatedly in the Alliance capitol cities because some jerk thought it funny to kill me just before I got to say hello to an Elder or light a fire or throw a snowball at their leader's face. Never again!

It has been fun, though. As the apprentice to our Vintage Loremonkey, I was delighted to see all the little nooks and corners of Azeroth that were either designed for the World events or re-assigned to fit the event. It has been terribly frustrating and funny at the same time. I remember our first actual World Event, Winter Vale, where we tried to kill the Grinch at the same time as 250 other players. Before they upped his spawn rate. Or when we tried to desecrate the Alliance city flames and were allowed to run through Ironforge without trouble and reached the flames with a host of guards chasing us, only to run out, and get ganked on the way out by some players. Or when we went to Scarlet Monastery to kill the Headless Horseman and decided that puking all over each other was way more fun than killing the horseman. Or how frustrating it was to chase all those bloody turkeys, only to reach 30 and see another player coming from the other side, killing off all the turkeys you had planned out to kill to reach 40. If I remember correctly, it was 3:30 am when I finally got that achievement. And that wasn't the latest we ever made it when trying to get a World Event done.

But now that's done. We finally got our Violently Pink Proto Drakes to soar through the skies with. And I need to find something else to amuse me in-game.. Guess I should go for Loremaster now...

1 opmerking: