vrijdag 5 maart 2010

tiertiertiertier.. tier on you!

Today, I picked up my third T10 item, the shoulders. For those of you not completely up to date on the looks of the rogue t10 set:



Here it is. I'm still not sure whether I like it or not. The helm.. makes me look like a scuba diver. The pants.. remind me of a badly mended fence. (But that's probably just because of the colour.) The shoulders.. are really too haphazard to look nice. Let's face it. I look like a scuba diver who just crashed through a fence and had to glue her shoulderwear back together without looking. With a glue gun.

When patch 3.3 landed, I was really excited about the new gear, but thought that it would take me ages to get my t10 set together. I mean, let's face it, 95 frozen badgers for a helmet is an awful lot! Now look where we are. I've got 3 t10 pieces and the Recovered Scarlet Onslaught Cape. The LFG system and the random dungeon finder make it so easy that any idiot with a lvl 80 can get frost badgers. It's not as special to be walking around in t10 as it was when it was still t8.
Do I mind? I don't know. I like to be able to get new gear quickly so I can perform better in raids, so in that aspect, I love it. But now that experience or capability are no longer shown by the type of gear you're wearing, how can we know for sure that the person we recruit for Vintage really is as good as they say they are? It concerns me slightly that, now that achievements can be pugged so easily and people get carried through instances all the time, we have only word of mouth to rely on.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on the new tier and the frost emblems malarkey. Anyone else care to chip in?

1 opmerking:

  1. Oh gosh darn it, I was going to chip in on this when I first read it. Rest assured, Tier gear means only so much. Showing up for a raid on time, knowing your class and spec and "fitting in" with your guild, perhaps during a trial period, are all way more important clues when it comes to getting the right player than tier gear is.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen